History of the club
The earliest history of the club
- April 20, 2009: The idea of the project appeared
- May 14, 2009: The project passed the first stage of the federal grant programme of V. Potanin
- May 18, 2009: The VK group was created
- June 21, 2009: Action group first meeting; members assigned with the areas of responsibility
- June 26, 2009: A big photo of the group participants
- July 4, 2009: The project team takes part in Potanin scholarship competition, but unfortunately doesn't get the scholarship (having nevertheless passed the first elimination round). Project will be implemented anyway.
- August 13, 2009: The club initiative is supported by the SUSU Principal Alexander Shestakov.
- October 1, 2009: Inauguration Ceremony! We are open! Only English from now on.
Track more here (Russian).
Some old news can be found here.
Our first birthday presentation
Here is our first birthday presentation (made by Daria Zelenina and Anton Stepanov) which includes some "historical" information:
People who created the club
There are plenty of people who helped us, but there are few without whom the club could not, probably, come into existence (listed chronologically):
- Yue Bing - a nice Chinese girl who probably inspired me (Dmitry Sinyukov) to do what I've done
- Aleksey Prosekov was one of the two who supported the idea from the very beginning. Aleksey and I were preparing an application for the Potanin project contest, Aleksey composed and sang our Hymn, and all in all contributed a lot
- Dmitry Zhestkov was the second one who supported the idea from the very beginning. Dmitry went to Novosibirsk together with me and Nadya to defend our project. The idea to use stem "free" in the name of our club came from him
- Nadezhda Gak joined us a bit later. I believe without her outstanding PR skills we would not be able to gather so many wonderful people in the very beginning
- Anastasiya Ivanova - a wonderful girl, after our first meeting with her I understood that we would succeed
- Peter Belykh suppported the idea and brought some professionalism into our work
- Alexandr Shestakov as a rector of SUSU, supported our idea and provided us with reasonable funding. In fact, his signature defined the future of the club
- Andrey Shmidt as a head of the Extra-curriculum department of SUSU, supported the idea and personally helped us to solve organizational and finacial issues